Monday, July 11, 2011

Blog Rationale

The entire rationale for my blog began with the choice of audience. I decided that at this point in my life, I wanted most to communicate with close friends and family. The audience determined the look and feel and content. My blog is designed as an update about my life for close friends and family. I began by first posting a note to my dear friend and mother-in-law that passed away just over two years ago. Writing to her has done so much for me. I realized how very much I miss her and how therapeutic it is for me to tell someone about all of the wonderful things taking place with my family.

I was slightly confused about what the purpose of this blog was supposed to be. The critiques from other student’s last week made me question the purpose that I initially outlined, but I have since realized that the purpose is whatever we want it to be. Of course, I have included posts from this class because that is what was required as our assignments, but the real purpose is to speak from my heart about current events in my life.

I designed the blog to be simple, pretty and professional. The way it looks is a lot like the way I have decorated my house. I love sunflowers, the color green and soft, pretty fonts. When I created the design, I considered what I want my friends to see when I open the front door to my home. The design of this blog is a true reflection of my taste and personality.

Final Post
This will be my final post for this class, so I want to take this opportunity to congratulate my classmates that are wrapping up their education at Ashford. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know many of you on the discussion boards. I still have quite a few classes to go before I will be finished, but it I have learned from many of my friends how quickly it goes by and that I just have to keep on plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment