Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Dear Friend

I have never blogged before, and the first thing that came to mind when I thought about what to say was my dear friend, Lee Ross.  Lee was my mother-in-law and one of my very best friends.  She passed away almost two years ago, but I still think about Lee every single day.


I realized today how much I miss my friend.  She lived in Kansas and I live in Georgia, but we talked weekly and emailed more often.  I miss telling her what is going on in our lives, because I have realized that as I bragged to her about each week about the great things taking place that I felt a sense of incredible gratitude.  It's very easy to forget how many blessings you have when you don't recite them weekly.  Maybe if I continue to blog (and brag), I will remember to appreciate this fabulous life!


What I would say to her today...Mitch turned 7 last week.  He is the tallest kid in his class, and he is still just as sweet and ornery as ever.  Will is going into the 6th grade next year.  His basketball skills are improving every day, and he is convinced that he will be an NBA player.  And your baby boy and my hubby, Craig, is just as perfect as ever.  He is coaching both boys basketball teams...you would be so proud!  The parents and the players all love Coach Craig, but no one more than me.


I am starting a new job this week and I'm really nervous - and excited!  I'm still taking classes and hope to finish my degree within a year.  I am learning so much but really wish I had finished when I was younger.  It's hell working full time, raising two busy boys and going to school, but I know you would tell me to tough it out...and I will.


We love our new house and know that you would too.  It's like a treehouse nestled in the woods with beautiful birds everywhere.  I sure wish you were here to make cinnamon rolls and chat with me over morning coffee while watching the birds.  


I love you, my friend, and miss you more than you could ever know.  By the way, thanks for reminding me about my fabulous life...you really are my angel.